Family Pancake Recipe


I am sharing my family's pancake recipe today! I am the pancake maker in my family.  Doesn't it seem that one parent is usually the designee? Growing up, my dad always made pancakes for us on the weekends. He used Bisquick and made the best, thick pancakes! We used to use Bisquick...but often found we were out of it, or didn't have enough to make a batch. So out of our inability to keep dry goods on hand, our family's recipe was discovered! I always have baking basics on hand, so one morning I hit the web to find a recipe to fulfill our hankering for pancakes! We've been using this recipe for about three or four years and I've tweaked it a little. It's been so long, I don't remember where I found the original so unfortunately I can't give credit. 


Without further ado!

Miller Family Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder & salt
Create a well in the center and pour milk, beaten egg, and oil. Whisk until smooth. 
Cook on an oiled grill (PAM works well, too.)
Yields 15 generous silver dollar pancakes.


I use a double tbsp scoop to help make consistent pancakes.



Today we also had griddle potatoes that were left over from camping. Cooked in an oiled cast-iron skillet with a little butter and garlic salt.



My son prefers his buttered with cinnamon sugar.



I keep the batches in an oven-safe bowl in the over set low at 200 F. That way everyone can eat together!


Miller pancakes are served! I added some fruit today to offset the carb-load!



That's our yummy family recipe! I love making a delicious family breakfast from scratch! It doesn't take a lot of extra work and it is a lovely tradition for our family.

Happy Sunday friends!!

xoxo
jamie











Comments

Popular Posts