Rustic Gallery Wall



Hello Friends!

Today I'm sharing our living room gallery wall! I want to show you how it has evolved!

I was on the lookout for a vintage tobacco basket for a while. I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest a while ago. My friend Christine spotted one at a vintage shop and told me about it. I think she must have seen my Pin and just remembered! She's the best. It is a local find-who knew tobacco used to be a large industry in Upstate New York!!? The price was right and it was in great shape. I was thrilled!!! Husband-not thrilled. "It's a giant basket...what are you doing with it??" (I'm not allowed to buy more baskets) In the end he liked the idea it was local, so he was in.



This photo makes me so excited. I have never seen this many tobacco baskets in one place!!! Pinterest


This isn't something we have the space or in our house, but I sure love it! (and the light fixture!) Pinterest


This was the image that got it all started!!! Pinterest








SO...this is the BEFORE....not terrible! I love the large black and white photo of the stairs of Montmartre and the rectangular frames are all photos I've taken in my travels. I actually needed art for other walls in the room, so I just moved them!




I loved how it looked!!! And looking at this I wonder if I might go back to just the one basket...hmm. Just kidding.



I love the texture the basket adds to the room.


But, I found this cool grain sifter (bottom left) and thought that the basket needed a friend.


And because I'm a loyal follower of the "Rule of Three" (using three items to create vignettes or gallery walls etc. Also 5, 7, 9...odd numbers!!) I incorporated my round basket from Colonial Williamsburg. I knew it would just be a place holder because I wanted another grain sifter. I saw this image via Instagram and was inspired!! 


I would love to do something like this!!!



I found this galvanized metal sifter antiquing in Bouckville and thought it was perfect!!!
So up it went!! I actually haven't really cleaned it or taken the price off..haha!





I really love how it came out!! I hope you do, too!

Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo 
jamie

Comments

Popular Posts