P-Interesting Essentials for Summer






There are people who are on Pinterest a lot...they have millions of pins...boards galore! Who has the time?! 
I've been wanting to write a post about how I personally use Pinterest. I've found it to be a great tool to use, without it sucking up my entire life. My approach helps me escape the pitfalls of Pinterest Stress... and [who hasn't had] the occasional Pinterest Fail ?<click for laughs> My recent personal Pinterest Fail was when I used cracked eggshells in an egg carton to start my tomato seedlings.


So quaint, right? Within a day our whole first floor smelled like a dirty diaper. My poor child was blamed so many times before the confusing truth was discovered. Never again! 

I try to use Pinterest in just two key ways: 

1. Idea gather about specific projects
2. Wishlist. 



Today I'll talk about the second key way! This fall I had a few things on my wishlist and was mentally adding to it. I'm an October birthday and Christmas is right around the corner and people always want to get you something you want! Got to be ready! At Christmastime I had the brilliant idea to create a board of things I wanted! It was fantastic for my husband because he prefers a picture and a direct link. He loves being able to go into the store and just show the associate what he needs. I'm glad to say I had to move several items off my wishlist because I got them! Pinning and winning!

So without further ado...things I'm pinning for a stylish summer! 

1. Emily Jefford's Print



I love love love Emily Jefford's work and follow her on Instagram. Her Insta is SO GREAT. She sells high end prints of her work at a reasonable price and I'm DYING for a print of her work called "Coming Storm." (above) But I pretty much adore all her work!!









I absolutely love this company and their business plan. From their website: "...our strategy is two-fold.  We work with women to help them start small business cooperatives, and we partner with and require manufacturers to also employ women with fair wages & fair hiring practices. Every fashionABLE product is named after one of the heroic women we work with. That means every product has a story behind it. The women so carefully and lovingly weave and craft our items are now ABLE to do something because of your purchase."

I love this trend in fashion and retail. Lauren Conrad's The Little Market has the same idea! Who doesn't love shopping with a purpose? 

I loved this blanket when it first came out in pink...then it came out in BLUE!!! Hello....I love you. Great for the beach or a cool summer night. I'm also envisioning it around my neck...maybe a beach cover up. Want!
Check out their site for other great scarves and gift ideas! Even for guys! Father's Day is coming!

3. Straw Tote

Now I know this can technically be considered a "basket" so I'm sure my husband will not be too keen on buying me one... and contributing to my growing #basketproblem. (I bought another one this weekend! It was a hamper! for $2! and we needed it! Do I sound defensive?)

But I think they are perfect for carrying all your summer essentials while looking perfectly beachy-prep.


This one is from Mar Y Sol and it's pricey at $125 (they carry some at J.Crew) But I love it like whoa. (It is blue after all....)

I found a very similar one at Old Navy for $24. But it doesn't quite give me the same zsa-zsa-zsu feeling as the Mar Y Sol one does. I also really am a fan of a short handle on my handbag. Call me crazy.

There's always a vendor at our Farmer's Market that sells market baskets made in Africa which I MAY already have a couple of.... I like this one too!! It's $36.50. 



....check out your local market! Or you can shop here!

3. Birkenstock Gizeh Sandals

Comfort, and apparently all things 90's, are all very IN right now. These have been on my wishlist since last year and I actually finally snapped up a pair that have quickly become my go-to summer footwear. 

Birkenstocks are super well-made and durable and the company has been around for over 40 years in the US...while the footwear has been around since 1897! Plus, they're good for your feet!

I love to wear mine with my destroyed denim shorts and a tee. I also accessorize, like Selma Blair, with a toddler.

Recent CFDA winners Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen rock them. Love MK's all denim look. 


Heidi Klum...again with denim shorts! 

Because they're in style, you can find a lot of similar looks, especially of the Birkenstock Arizona, for a lot less. Try AE.COM



4. Bobbi Brown Beach

This is my summer fragrance and I love it so much! Reminds me of summer and our trips to Maine and my uncle's house on Martha's Vineyard. It's described as "a lightly intoxicating blend of sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin."

It reminds me of old-school sunblock...plus the beach.

I would love to try the Body Oil so it's on my wishlist



for after sun moisturizing! Let's face it, I'm not sitting at the beach tanning myself reading a magazine...I'm making sure my kid isn't eating or throwing sand. This will be a nice post-beach treat!!

5. Terrain 

I'm so ga-ga over the store terrain in Westport, CT it's kind of scary. I could live there. I would buy it all if I could. I need/want more of their gorgeous linen-wrapped pots.

I bought a few this spring and love the texture they add to my home.  I love mixing them in with my other terra-cotta, metal, and galvanized pots...looks amazing out on my deck!

I'm also currently swooning over their latest topiaries.

I'll take two, please.

I hope you've enjoyed a few of my latest obsessions and wishlist faves!! thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
jamie


ps if you're still reading, honey, our anniversary is soon! <wink wink>

Comments

  1. Love the paintings! We need some art or something for our bland walls. You should ask mom about backers - she's the queen of them. She has at least 10 at all times. Glad birkenstocks are in - Im ordering some next time Steve goes to the US or if we go to Germany I'll get some there. Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :-) What's a backer? I've been trying to figure it out on my own. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts