Summer Décor Roundup Part 1

Part 1! Gathering up Styling Elements

I've been busy switching up my house from spring to summer! I have a few general areas that I keep updated and switch up seasonally. These areas have decreased since having a baby..so naturally I have accumulated a lot of décor that I can't use each time. The low-lying areas just aren't safe for my breakable favorites anymore! Lately, I've really been trying to change things up...and store a few items away for a time-out. I started doing this at Christmastime and realized that, although it can be sad, getting the items back out the next time is like Christmas all over again!

So I created some storing solutions for my goodies. I have some bins in the attic and some spaces in the basement to neatly organize things. I wrap everything carefully and that makes more for a present opening session the next time, too! Well, hello Mason Jar lantern! How I've missed you!

This time around I to got out my summer items from storage- summer botanicals like bougainvillea, sea shells, & driftwood- and sorted ALL my potential styling elements on my dining room table-clearning off every area "to be styled." I'll fully admit it got a little OUT OF CONTROL. 

Blank canvases!





I used categories to organize everything on the table:

Baskets, botanicals, and natural elements...Boxwood balls, faux hydrangea, faux potted flowers, sea shells, turned wood bowl, found driftwood, found rocks!


 Flowering bouganvillea branches.
Vintage soda crates (fall under the basket section, but didn't fit over there!


Vessels like vases and jugs.


Candles and candle-holding items like lanterns, candlesticks, and votive holders. 



Decorative accessories. Frames, clocks, and your basic chotchkeys. AKA the good stuff.



Things got WILD in the dining room and I'll admit I got a little scared. I just started focusing an area at a time to create some new vignettes for summer and weed through and mix up these elements. It was kind of like shopping my own little crazy store. (Cooper #doodlebombing bottom left.)

So to review my categories baskets, botanicals, natural elements, vases, candles/candleholders, and decorative accessories. I like to use a mix of these throughout. It is all about the mix!

I found this whole process helpful in accessing what I have and helping me find fresh ways to style my key areas: my dining room hutch, dining room tables cape, my entryway dresser, my living room mantlescape, and large living room trunk that functions as a side table. More to come!!

Meanwhile, I encourage you to look at your key areas and ask yourself how you could use something differently somewhere else! Maybe just don't turn your dining room into a crazy store....

xoxo jamie

Comments

Popular Posts