R's Truck Birthday!

Hi all!
Finally FINALLY sharing some pictures from my little man's second birthday! It was a truck themed gathering on our deck...because he's REALLY into TRUCCCKKKS!!! I think he had a really good time! I just can't believe my baby is two! <sob> Here is a link to my inspiration post! So without further ado....

Fun sign from Target Dollar Spot! I put it on our gate... everyone came through to the party this way.



I made this pennant bunting! I made one for his birthday last year and just love the whimsy it adds! I follow this DIY. I'm now a pennant-bunting-making-machine.

$4 Estate Sale Sewing Table Drink Station.
See my Summer Entertaining post for details.

I used his little Tonka trucks as décor...along with my standard Mason jars and succulents. Obvs.




Healthy snacks!

I love using a party bucket for drinks. Makes things easier for hostess and guests.



The Cake!! Including Tonka Truck Dump Truck Cake Topper.

I made R his own batch of Dump Truck sugar cookies (my great grandmother's recipe) because he is not a cake guy. He DID share.

Chocolate Rock candies...yumm. Décor credit to R's Aunt, and Godmother. She's a wiz. Store-bought cake with DIY embellishments. 


Things got intense while I decorated these. I had to check myself before I wrecked myself. I only did the black detail icing on 1/3 of them. Everyone got the idea. I think they look like a dump truck and they tasted delicious. Take that, Pinterest. 

Truck action shot.



We kept it simple with sub trays, chips, and macaroni salad. And Kraft paper....clearly.



Birthday Cookie For the Win. 
xoxo
jamie


Comments

  1. Love! Love! Love! Tell Aunt K the cake looked amazing! Glad it was a good time :) I owe R a belated birthday postcard for sure!

    I tagged you in a challenge if you want to participate: http://expatbs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/8-photos-of-happiness.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts