...a beginning





I guess you could say that my interests as a young girl were odd, maybe, not typical.  I read my mom's magazines like Country Living and Martha Stewart. I took a serious interest in the interior decor of our backyard playhouse...insisting on interior paint and dreaming of scaled down furniture like a settee.  I tuned in to PBS on Saturday mornings for This Old House and Martha's show. I spent hours one winter at the library,  the county clerk's, and working with local historians to research and discover the full history of my parent's 1833 village home. My mom and I re-designed my bedroom at 16, and I still love the yellow and white stripe wallpaper I picked out. Looking back at all this recently, I can't help but think...I've been building towards something.

My friends and family often say my home looks like a magazine, or ask fashion advice...and most recently have suggested I start a blog.  I put them off for a while, but I guess in the end I really agree I have something to add on the subjects of home and fashion...lifestyle.  So I am daringly putting myself out there to share! Below are some things you can expect to see in this space...and is in no way comprehensive.



things i love and subscribe to...
mason jars. Kraft paper. baskets. burlap. blue & white. antiquing. gallery walls. before and afters. Martha. lanterns. galvanized metal. grey. farmhouse sinks. denim. chambray. stripes. polka dots. tartan. twine. primitives. photography. mercury glass. white flowers. hydrangeas.

Comments

Popular Posts