Fall Foliage Family Day on the ADK Scenic RR


We took a family trip to the Adirondacks with my parents, my sister and her family earlier this month. My nephew is 3. Two toddler boys+trains=good times. We really had a wonderful day with lots of great memories. And photos!!!

The Adirondack Scenic Railroad! We left from Thendara Station, near Old Forge, NY for a Fall Foliage excursion.



The restored original station is a gem!!





The round-trip lasted about an hour, which was perfect for a 2 and 3 year old. We had snacks, visited, and of course took lots of photos! PS the snack car sells beer & wine. Need we say more?

A little train selfie with my husband. 



We passed the Utica/Thendara train on our trip. That is a much longer train trip...maybe when the kids are older!

Snuggles and leaf peeping.





Reagan didn't want to leave the station. When he does this, we call him "Roadkill Miller."

We took a trip into town after the train for some shopping and lunch.


The general store in town is AMAZING.

Spatterware makes me happy. I think it is all that Little House on the Prairie I used to watch...


Baskets!!!! I wanted them all.



Fourth Lake in Old Forge.

Fourth Lake Selfie


We also took a quick trip down the road to Inlet for the views here!



I didn't want to over-gram on Instagram too much from this trip, but there were so many amazing photos to share! I feel so lucky we have the Adirondacks close enough to be able to see these sights and enjoy family time there together! I hope you enjoyed a glimpse of our trip!!

xoxo
jamie































Comments

Popular Posts