A Quick Stop at The Beekman 1802 Mercantile


I had the chance to stop in Sharon Springs, NY on the way to a wedding a few weeks ago and took a few more photos that I wasn't able to share on Instagram so I decided to put together a quick post!

Let it be known that every time I drive through Sharon Springs I suggest we stop at the Mercantile and this time it, thankfully, didn't fall on deaf ears!! We didn't have a lot of time to shop with a wedding to get to but it was well worth it!


This is the entry of the Mercantile building, where moulding has become art. It is a very cool mix of traditional and modern.


The main areas of the shop downstairs feel old-timey and has the air of a general store. I love the color of the cubbies and walls-a dark navy-grey. Items for sale range from soaps and candles to dog toys. Lots of unique gifts!

I love the office door, with a nod to the builder of the Beekman Manion, William Beekman's signature. And who doesn't love a wreath? From the backroom, you can hear the busy sounds of packing tape being used. This is where the team that fulfills online orders works!

Upstairs features the Beekman Heirloom Furniture Collection, which carries on the theme of traditional meeting modern. 


I want this bench. 


This room upstairs is set up like a workroom. I love the industrial vibe, especially the light fixtures. 


The upper hallway has a unique installation of traditional looking wallpaper-as-art, contrasted by a very industrial-inspired light fixture.



A final look down the hallway that runs the length of the building from the storefront to the back staircase: It is very striking. The Mercantile was totally worth the stop, and I wish we had more time!! I also wish I had taken more photos, but didn't want to come off as some weirdo!
Have you heard about Beekman 1802 before? I first fell in love with them on their show, The Fabulous Beekman Boys. I then found Josh-Kilmer Purcell's book Bucolic Plague, which is an amazing (and at times hilarious) read that tells the story of how he and partner, Brent Ridge, started off on this journey. I also love the Beekman Cookbooks and I highly suggest them! Of course, you can check out beekman1802.com to shop, and see their products at Target!

I hope you enjoyed this little peek at Beekman!

xoxo jamie








Comments

Popular Posts