New Light Fixture



Hello!! Yes, I am writing another post! I wanted to share a quick update we did to a light fixture! There was a sconce in our front entry that was a little dim and a little frumpy for me so I had been on the search for something different. 


 Sconce that wasn't making me happy




I have found my house style starting to skew slightly more modern or mid-century. I love how modern elements in an old house like ours look fresh. Like our Saarinen inspired round kitchen table:




or this IKEA light fixture we recently installed in our upstairs hallway:


These two images are from IKEA's site...this is not my hallway ;-)
I decided on a fixture from Amazon that fit my small-ish budget that checked all of the boxes (I'm super cheap about light fixtures and it hasn't failed me, yet.) Unfortunately it isn't in-stock anymore other than through Amazon Warehouse, this is the link for that. I would like another one for a different spot so I have been checking back to see if it has been restocked!




It is lovely and exactly what I wanted! The unforeseen issue was that the previous sconce had an oval base and this one is round, so years of painting around the oval sconce left this icky mess. I was supposed to be done painting the walls in this hallway, and did NOT want to scrape and paint anymore. I decided to add a ceiling medallion that normally would go around the base of a chandelier on a ceiling. I thought I had a photo of the ugly paint situation but I was mistaken, and I didn't think my husband would enjoy the idea of taking it back down for a silly before photo. SO use your imagination, it wasn't cute. And here it is after!






I did a happy dance for a good five minutes!  Sparked a lot of joy! I purchased the medallion at Lowes. Here is a link.



Before and After!! So much brighter and more substantial!! Very happy. :-)
What do you think? I'm personally in love! Have a great weekend, friends!!! xoxo jamie



Comments

Popular Posts