Inspiration to Reality: Bee Skep


I told you all I was inspired by my trip to Colonial Williamsburg and all the beautiful gardens! Well...I found a way to bring some of that colonial style to my own backyard garden and I'm so happy! 


This is the inspiring bee skep on its little shelf-so cute!- that I admired so much! I'm pretty sure it had bee tenants as well. I purchased a skep on our trip to Williamsburg Pottery (such a fun place!) I was going to just sit it on the ground in my garden for a little style...but kept thinking about the shelf! I remembered we had a lot of scrap western red cedar from our fence build last year. I asked my husband if he could whip something up. He is very handy and likes a challenge! I showed him the picture above and he went to it!



(I added this little flower for a little je ne sais quoi.)



I love that the wood matches the fence and they will weather together and blend into the landscape. This fence is a backdrop for the garden on the side of the yard in the back.



If I were a bee, I would totally be packing my bags right now! If bees do move in I'll feel better having this safely up on this shelf away from dogs and toddlers.

Inspiration to reality!

Thanks for stopping by,

xoxo jamie





Comments

Popular Posts