Summer Décor Roundup Part 3

This post is the final installment in my Summer Décor Roundup series! You can find Part 1 here, and Part 2 here

So in my first post I talked about the key areas that I decorate seasonally: my dining room hutch, dining room tablescape, my entryway dresser, my living room mantlescape, and large living room trunk that functions as a side table. I covered the hutch styling in the 2nd post!

The Dining Room
Here is the dining room "tablescape." I have been using this basket from Pottery Barn for the last two seasons to kind of corral items on the table and give it a cohesive feel.




Love the patina on this bird cage lantern that I picked up at an antique/furniture shop

A little basket of bright poppies, candles, and a lantern is ready for quick transport from the dining room to our deck for meals outside. (And YES, that basket has moved since my last post, haha!)

 The Entryway
Entryway window


I put a little wreath on the inside of the door, too!

I used a vintage soda crate to corral the Funny Circus Guy and my entryway candles, botanicals, and vase.



An Instagram follower recently told me she thought that FCG (Funny Circus Guy) is most likely the work of a Yorktown, Virginia folk artist named Nancy Thomas! Cool! He belonged to my grandmother and no one seems to know where she got him!

Do you follow my Instagram?


 The Living Room

Mantlescape Vignette. The large mirror behind our mantle is original to the house, and adds a lot of light to the room. It is, however, a total pain to photograph.

These lanterns are Pottery Barn, but sold out online. I picked up the chambray colored ampersand (&) at Michael's. 


Lanterns, beach rocks, driftwood and a nostalgia inspiring model ship round out the beachy vibe.

Here are a few images of the rest of the living room!

I use a rustic bowl to house all of my magazine (that I have yet to read!) Wing chair is from TJMaxx two years ago and I usually see a version of it every time I'm there or at Marshall's. (Total Sidebar: We have two that originally were purchased for and went in the nursery before we got a Pottery Barn Kids upholstered rocker. It was nice to have a spot for my husband to keep me company while I nursed for hours and hours.)



I use an antique block (pulley) for a paperweight.

My large "basket as art" installation. It's an antique tobacco basket.

Lamp from Pottery Barn. Chelsea Sectional Lamp in Bronze with the Natural Burlap Shade.

The play area in the distance.

We use these two Pottery Barn stools (old) pushed together for our coffee table. They work so well for when we have snacks and watch TV (we each have our own little table) or to set up toys for our son. Very versatile




Here is the styling of the large antique trunk we use as a side table. For now, my son is still not tall enough to really get into this...for now.

I used my other Savannah basket from Pottery Barn to corral some lanterns, driftwood, boxwood balls, and my turned bowl from Cazenovia Cutblock. All in keeping with the beachy summer feel. The frame is from Target, but old. (Clearance deal!)



Lamp from Pottery Barn: Large Clift Table Lamp with Natural Burlap Tapered Drum Shade.









And that is how things are looking chez moi! Thanks for reading! Make sure to follow my Instagram @lifestylesmith for all the latest from my home and what is currently inspiring me!

xoxo jamie




Comments

  1. I am so in love with your home! One day I may get brave and do a little picture tour of our apartment but since it's all rented it doesn't really feel like us. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget!! I'm sure a tour of your ex-pat apartment would be interesting! Things are good and we're off to a busy summer here! Hope all is well across the pond! xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts