Farmhouse Glam Spa Bathroom Update



We have an updated main bath! This is a little project that we have been putting off the six years we've lived here. We are kicking ourselves for not doing it sooner. It was a lot of DIY labor, along with some careful shopping for the right pieces at the right prices. The result is what I've been calling a Farmhouse Glam Spa. It just makes us so happy! It's clean, white, and bright and the total opposite of what it once was.


We used that curtain rod for six years.


I never cared for this baby blue wall color. I DID change out the window treatment for some curtains, which I changed again with this update. These photos are from our inspection before we closed on the house.


Dated vanity light and medicine cabinet.


Unoffensive sink cabinet, that was sadly rotting and in need of replacing. The whole six years.


Repainted walls to white. All white everything.





We updated to a simpler medicine cabinet that is more classic and hopefully won't ever look dated. We had to replace the vanity light with another vanity light. Here's why: I'm pretty sure the original bathroom had a pedestal sink and the wiring over the sink wasn't centered over the current sink cabinet, but rather over the previous, smaller pedestal sink. When the bath was updated they didn't move the wiring because they didn't need to for that fixture. For this update we didn't want to get into any crazy updates like electrical and plumbing, so I found this vanity light that has a little bead detail and is perfectly glam. We purchased clear incandescent globe lights to up the wow factor. We also updated the glass and lightbulbs in the overhead ceiling fan/light fixture. (Not pictured) All that bright, dazzling light makes the room look fantastic.




New sink cabinet, sink, and faucet! It is super simple, clean, and functions well. We have baskets underneath of bath toys, and extra TP.





We updated the curtain rod to a hotel style rod. We reused our white shower curtain, but got updated shower curtain hooks that glide really nicely. I also added a little natural fiber throw rug that has great texture. I have the same one in our entryway. $4.88 at Home Depot! Say whaat?? I have always loved the checkerboard floor in here, and it stands out nicely with the all white palette.


I popped this little rustic cabinet up over the toilet to hold the very important cotton balls and q-tips. I purchased this in the fall and you may remember it from my holiday decorating on Instagram (it held some of my Putz houses.) I decided to take the door off and love it. The top photo I hadn't completely styled it out, here below I did! I don't know why, but I love it. I was thinking that bottle would be fun to store mouthwash in...but you never really know what antique bottles used to have in them, so I have that idea on the back burner, percolating.



So there you have our quick and not super expensive bathroom update!

WHY didn't we do this before?? Well, we had grand plans and figured it would be a waste to do a "mini-update" like this. Lesson learned. I feel like a princess when I go in here, instead of sad like I did before. Totally worth it. I really think we will carry this lesson forward and not wait to give a space a needed update for the "right now." I mean the dream was a total gut, subway tile, shiplap, pedestal sink, clawfoot tub, new floor, etc. But this is pretty darn dreamy, too. What do you think?

xoxo 
jamie



Comments

Popular Posts