Pink & Gold First Birthday Celebration




This weekend we celebrated little Molly Grace's first birthday! She arrived on Mother's Day last year, which was a bit of a surprise as she was a few days ahead of her due date. With my first baby I had to be induced at 41 weeks! He continues to be stubborn as a three (almost four) year old, so in retrospect it is not surprising. The whole family missed out on a fancy brunch, but it was worth it!

We gathered up the extended family and close friends at our house for a little dessert party. Unfortunately, we couldn't have the party on our deck because it was cold and rainy, but made do in the dining room. We had a "smash cake" for Molly and cupcakes for the other guests. My sister made the cake and cupcakes and they were AMAZING! The theme was PINK! with a touch of gold. I was inspired by the new dollie from Target's Pillowfort line that we got for Butters as an early birthday gift.




 Adorbs.




I made the pennant buntings last year for nursery room décor, keeping in mind that I would use them for her birthday. I follow this tutorial to make my buntings. I have made a few others and love how they come out! The balloons were a $10 bouquet from Wegmans. Molly's Jenny Lind high chair was a Craigslist find for Reagan's first birthday. We never used it because when he sat in it the tray was at his chin. At that time we also had a counter-height dining table, so he used a Fisher Price portable booster chair on one of our dining chairs. We rigged up a little cushion for Molly to sit on so we can use this for her everyday high chair. It is great because she can hang in the kitchen when I cook, here in the morning for breakfast, or even in the living room when we have "dinner and a movie." 

The spread! Strawberries and watermelon (PINK!) along with cookies and popcorn. I used my MacKenzie Childs cake stand, which was a special bridal shower gift.

Drink Station. My dispenser is actually a plastic one from Pottery Barn Kids, which I prefer over glass because I'm #clumsy. Chalkboard Hangtag from Pottery Barn. 

We served Pink Lemonade and Rosé Champagne.
The bouquet here is from a wedding I was in! All the bridesmaids had bespoke button bouquets! It went quite well with our party's theme!


I bought pink tulips for the occasion. SO pretty.



Unsure.

Getting the idea.

Loving it.

Really into it.

It was a sweet party for a sweet girl!!


And the tulips are still kicking!

xoxo
jamie


Comments

Popular Posts