#antiquesididntbuy

We went to an antique show today! I love antiquing with my family and we've become big fans this year of the indoor shows at the local fairgrounds. It is a great way to get out of the house in the winter, get a little walking in, and it's NOT the mall. Today we were looking for a primitive desk with storage, a bench for our entryway, a cool mailbox, whatever else caught our fancy.



I ADORE this farm table. The lines, color, size, paint-chippiness...perfect. It would make a great little kitchen island.



This bench pulled me in right away. It is sort of primitive, and its construction indicates it is quite old. It was only SIXTY DOLLARS. It was just too big for the space we need it for. WAH!



If you follow me on Instagram you've seen the breadbox that Santa brought me. This fall I was in hot pursuit of an authentic vintage breadbox. I struck out...everything was a little too crusty. This one (with pie drawer on top) was SO CUTE. And not crusty. The prettiest dusty blue. I was told by the husband "you HAVE a bread box." Sigh.


One of the things I love about going antiquing as a family is sharing our interest with our children. Reagan is becoming quite the antiquer. He has expensive taste and a low budget, but he has fun and we usually find a cheap little toy that keeps him amused. And so many snacks! Obviously.


HINT: I bought something in this photo... love the brass candleholder, and the color of the bench just pops! How cool is that divided bin? It is sooo Pottery Barn, perhaps a bit more rustic.


Pet Peeve: dealers that don't price their merchandise. It's like, Retail 101. I had my eye on this unpriced bench but kept moving, annoyed. While nursing the baby nearby on a bench I watched it sell and be carted away for $60. Should have asked!


These doll house chairs are so sweet and budget friendly! And blue!!


I found my mailbox. ANNND it was $185. #notinthebudget. There was also a nearby airplane toy that was marked $1150.00 that I had to literally wrestle my child away from. It was ...a special family moment.

We had a great day looking for fun things for the house! We bought a few things that I'm sure you'll be hearing about soon!

Thanks for stopping by! xoxo jamie

Comments

Popular Posts