Winter Birthday Party


Last night we hosted my mom's birthday party. It was a fun family night with all the grandchildren. Two pre-school aged boys and two infants....it got loud. 

When I was planning the party, my son suggested we "had to get to the store and get party hats." I agreed. I went for a Fun/Pink theme. In the end, the hats kind of hurt our heads, but it was fun to put them on and take a few pics. Baby MG enjoyed chewing on one as well.





I made a "3-yr-old-free" trip to Target so I was able to wander the aisles a bit. It was a wonderful departure from my usual experience...a laser-focused mission with a ticking time-bomb. Ahh motherhood. I discovered the party aisle is SO FUN. I stood there and thought of all sorts of entertaining I suddenly was inspired to do. 

I picked these Spritz Polka Dot Party Hats $3 for 10! And thought mixing the stripes would be fun so picked these Bold Stripe Napkins $2.75 for 16. I spent so little and made the table really feel special. 

I used kraft paper I had to make a table covering, and mixed in candles and paper whites to make a simple tablescape. With the table being so full, I didn't want to do much more so there would be enough room for food! I made meatballs, we had salad, and of course bread! And butter!


I always do a kids table for the boys because we can only accommodate 6 at our table. They think its cool. I always give them a candle and make it feel like part of the "party."





One of the gifts I gave my mom was a little white primrose I grabbed at Wegmans. I prefer to give a plant versus cut flowers because she can put it in her garden in the spring. I wrapped it up in kraft paper to make it look extra special.



It was a successful party! I was very happy with how everything turned out. Hopefully you found some inspiration.... Thanks for stopping by! xoxo jamie

Comments

Popular Posts